The Wraparound Guide
How to Gather Student Voice, Build Community (A wraparound service delivery handbook for helping students overcome barriers to wellness and learning)Partnerships, and Cultivate Hope
Leigh Colburn, Linda Beggs
Your school has the power to help students overcome barriers to well-being and academic achievement--from mental health issues to substance abuse to trauma. With this timely guide, you will learn how to launch and sustain high-quality wraparound services embedded within your school that meet the needs of every learner. Use the book's actionable steps to amplify student voice, establish community partnerships, and design programming that fully supports the whole child.
Use this resource to establish processes that address the what, how, where, and who of the wraparound center.
- Recognize the impact of outside influences on students and how they affect their classroom learning.
- Design processes to hear student voices and identify their needs.
- Forge relationships with students and establish community partnerships.
- Design and fund services and programs that meet student needs.
- Connect students and families with the support they need to enable learning, wellness, and healthy relationships.
Part I: Laying the Foundation
Chapter 1: Understand Core Concepts
Part II: Gathering Student Voice
Chapter 2: Identify Needs
Chapter 3: Establish Priorities
Part III: Building Your Infrastructure
Chapter 4: Identify Resources
Chapter 5: Establish Partnerships
Chapter 6: Secure Funding
Chapter 7: Create Your Structure
Part IV: Launching and Sustaining Wraparound Services
Chapter 8: Connect Students and Families With Services
Chapter 9: Sustain Wraparound Programming
Appendix: Pull It All Together